Background:
Did this came across our mind. Why do we keep a pet? Is that because of hobby? Or we need something can be beside us when we feel alone? Sometime we feel happy and proud if we have a very adorable pet. Sometime this pet can understand what we saying. This is we call “Pet Therapy” or known as “Animal-assisted therapy” (AAT).
This therapy involves an animal with specific characteristics becoming a fundamental part of a person's treatment. Animal-assisted therapy is designed to improve the physical, social, emotional, and/or cognitive functioning of the patient, as well as provide educational and motivational effectiveness for participants. AAT can be provided on an individual or group basis. During AAT, therapists document records and evaluate the participant's progress.
Many kinds of animals are used in therapy, including dogs, cats, elephants, birds, dolphins, rabbits, lizards, llamas, and other small animals. Such animals are often referred to as comfort animals.
Pet therapy is a new thing in Malaysia. It’s a new trend.
Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal-assisted_therapy
Target users:
General
Problem Identification:
Pet therapy can help a person to improve their quality of health, emotionally and mentally by having a pet. But this method is not used widely in Malaysia.
Aim and objective:
to give the users the relaxation feeling of having pet at home (eg:fish). User can experience it by interact with the visualized pets.
Motivation:
We assume everyone got their own hobby example having pet. There a lot of hobbies we can do. Some people like to stick with one hobby or probably more than one. Also some people like make different from other with their hobby. So do I, I got lot of hobbies I would like to do. Such as like to see animal, walking around with the green environment, going to some silent place and rest my mind or hear a sound of waterfall or beach.
Ideation and Concept:
For this project, I would like to combine all my hobbies to be one. I want make an interactive landscape where there got sound of water, bird, jungle also the fish. To make it look interesting, I create a visual of five or more visual fish that will mingling around and will be interact if someone touch the surface. Or I create visual of bird at the tree. Maybe project to the wall or ceiling. The bird will interact if user put their hand. Bird fly to user hand. Maybe user can feed the bird. Same goes if use other animal such a kity, mice etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment